Ys Origin is now available on Nintendo Switch!
Launched in 2017 on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, Ys Origin quickly earned high review scores and fan praise for its authentic adaptation to current gamers.
The fast-paced action and epic boss battles will present fans with a unique vantage point of the earliest days of Ys. Newcomers to the series will be able to experience the very beginnings of the cult-like franchise that has been a hit for decades. Explore a deeply involved mystery and unlock secrets through creative puzzles as you trek through a memorable arcade-like platformer and unravel the engrossing story of Ys. How long can you last in the Devil’s Tower?
With its captivating story, stirring soundtrack, and epic boss battles, Ys Origin remains one of the best action-RPGs of all time!
Following a devastating demonic invasion, the twin Goddesses use their magic to bring the inhabitants of legendary Ys safely into the sky. While the demons work to construct Devil’s Tower and reach the humans’ new abode, the Goddesses disappear. As a mighty warrior or a cunning mage, you must seek the Goddesses in Devil’s Tower. With your swordsmanship and spells, can you banish evil from the land of your ancestors?
- 3 playable characters, each with unique skillsets and powers
- Several exciting environments
- 3 game modes: Story, Time Attack, Arena Mode
- Numerous artifacts and powerful relics to use
- Breathtaking art direction
- Two new features for the Xbox One and Nintendo Switch: the Speedrun Mode and the blood option
- Available in Japanese, English, and for the first time in French, Italian, German, and Spanish
Ys Origin - Nintendo Switch Release Trailer — YouTube
Ys Origin - Xbox One Release Trailer — YouTube
Ys Origin - Coming out on PSVita — YouTube
Ys Origin - PS4 launch trailer — YouTube
Logos & Icons
- Dotemu is a French video game company specializing in modern releases of beloved retro games. Our mission is simple: give every gamer access to yesteryear’s classic video games on today's platforms, including PC, mobile, console and more. Working alongside the world’s most cherished and recognized publishers, the Dotemu team has published a number of global top-sellers across both PC and console including Streets of Rage 4, Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, with additional development and publishing work on Windjammers 1 and 2, several games in the Ys series, and more. Dotemu is currently working with Tribute Games on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge and Leikir Studio on Metal Slug Tactics.
Founded in 2007, Dotemu leverages its considerable technological know-how to maintain the original spirit of classic games while giving them a second life as rediscovered gems for a new generation of gamers.
- More information
- More information on Dotemu is available here.